Combining takes just a few minutes in the Rest app and makes managing your super easier. The less accounts you have, the clearer an understanding you have of your retirement position. Plus, no more fear of ‘lost super’.
Less accounts also means you’ll avoid paying multiple fees which may save you in both the short and long-term.
How to combine multiple super funds with Rest
1. Rest members can combine their super online or in the Rest App.
2. Once you’ve logged in you can search for any super funds under your name
3. From there, you can elect to combine some or all of them under your Rest account. Any lost super you currently have with the Australian Tax Office will be automatically combined for you.
Things to consider
Before combining your super, you should know that:
• any death and disability insurance cover that you have with your other super fund will be cancelled and the account will be closed;
• your other super fund may charge fees when leaving the fund;
• if you wish to claim a tax deduction for personal super contributions, you must lodge a notice of intent to claim a tax deduction with your original fund, before you consolidate your super into another fund;
• we won't be able to stop the transfer if you later change your mind; and
• you will need to complete a fund nomination form with Rest if your other super fund account is receiving contributions from your employer and you want these to be re-directed to your Rest account.
If you have any questions, please speak with a licensed financial adviser or visit ASIC's MoneySmart for more information.
Want to learn more
What happens to my super when I change jobs
When you move jobs you can take your Rest account with you or combine your old fund into a new Rest account, no worries.